Monday 16 November 2015

Farewells



I am somewhat active in the local BDSM community.

Well, I used to bitch about the local (North of Spain) community, then I saw how active was the community in the place I come from  - Northern Italy.

Let it be at this: the locals here are a magnitude more active than the locals there.

It doesn't take much, to be active... an account in FetLife, one in whatever-that-is, and showing  your face at the munches. Maybe, organizing a cafĂ© once a month - not really much.
Was it about High Middle-Age Poetry, not a problem for anybody  being it not, it takes a little more of fortitude, but not that much. Or, if you have ever seen a bunch of PASSIONATE literature lovers fight over the virtues of the  various metrics of the Madrigale Fiorentino, maybe a little less.

Anyway, I am somewhat active and so I made my share of acquaintances, if not friends.

And, every now and then, one of them burns out and disappears.

Usually, they are the ones that tried most to make head or tail of what it is to be into "our stuff", met with more than their fair share of ass-holes (mostly men, but some women too) and decide that, in the end, it isn't worth the crap.

They may come back, after a while, more relaxed, or they may not. It is, of course, a personal choice that nobody can syndicate, beyond a spat of sadness for their loss.


I'd like to say that this will never happen with me, but some day I - too - may wake up, think "Awww, it really isn't worth the crap" and cut it off.

It may happen... my drawings will still be quietly flooding the internet (forever: some of my "fans" "stole" them from the original sites, and reposted them in places unknown or over which I have no possible control), this blog may still be on-line, but trying to write at the address in the drawings will return a "fail to delivery" message.

In this case, I hope that someone around the big web will think the same that I think when my friends send a message to communicate that they are going to drop off, and fix the rest of their life before looking for an SM companion.

"Be well, my friend; May you find your way to be happy"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to point me out conceptual, orthographical, grammatical, syntactical or usage's errors, as well as anything else