Monday 13 June 2016

Un-evil Interlude

"Would you mind fix this for me?"

"Yes, master."

Keisha watches the diminutive, vaguely Asian looking girl going out of the café, directed to make minced meat out of some ensemble of though-looking, well-armed public servants.

"She is still believing that 'Yes, Master' crap? Has she learned not, that you are not going to make a fuss, if she refuses a job?"

 "Now, that would make her responsible of every bone she has broken, under my orders. I would never be so cruel, as to break her illusions. Or to take away her alibis."

The tall, black woman raises her eyes to the sky, asking her God the strength no to strangle this stupid 'god' - all lowers and apexes required.

She makes a sign to the waiter - like everybody in this city, most likely a remote body for the schizophrenic "trans-human" mind that, fifteen years ago, has freed her from her steel prison. Or created her. Or whatever, and itwas sixty years ago. She has renounced hoping to get to the truth and, as it says, it does not really matter.

A remote, or maybe not, and 'god' doesn't enjoy when its secrets are too much in the open, so it pays to behave normally, even here in its place of power.

"She will remember it, some day. Then, she will have to decide, again... like you did."

The hot chocolate is the vanilla perfumed, luxurious sin that is  'god' preferred beverage -  after coke zero.

"As you may know (because everybody in my house of madness talks with you, no idea why - you are supposedly out) , I placed a remnant of Molly's mother as the chief of Purgatory. She has done a good job, apart with her 'daughter'.

He looks shameful, for a change - "Under some love, that woman really despises her daughter for having destroyed her plans for a happy life" - he makes one of those grimaces he comes by, when he has to describe one of his most glaring mistakes - "from remnant to remnant, the affection vanished, but the grievances remained. Mommy has taken out a decade worth of delusions on her non-daughter."

"I suppose that that version of Molly won't have a body anytime soon" - this makes 'god', literally, squirm. It is worse than this?

"Ehr, to be honest, I downloaded her in three bodies already, with slightly different edits to her conscious memories. One is a nearly comatose patient in a Scottish mental health institute, one is a fetish/punk model with a passion for flesh cuts, another one... let's just leave at it, that she is fascinating."

"I may say the same of you, right now. In a not nice way.  What do you want from me?"

He sports its foxy grin - crap is coming.

"Well, I know for sure that you and your wife are trying to adopt a girl - though, you know, you can actually impregnate her with sperm cloned out of your mother cells... I left that trinket active, when you asked to be decommissioned"

"I rather avoid unverified tech gizmos" - and, would the girl be ours, or would you consider her yours, another flesh pawn for some of your beloved games? Not that you would ever a answer me, if I asked; this second part of the discourse is unspoken, but clearly heard by both; they just know each other that well.

"As you wish. Now, I happen to have a fifth Molly coming, a much younger version - she still has some hope of becoming a normal person, a nice girl, but she needs a couple of loving parents. I happen to have an idea where to find them."

"Why?"

"I owe her, and you owe yourself a chance of love and being loved unconditionally, and this way you will all share the family's horrible, dark secrets - no wall of secrecy coming in the way."

"She will never be a part of this... crap, OK?"

"Unless she decides that she wants to be."

"I found a way to convince you, I'll convince her - or whoever else you may find. You are mine, forever, even if I had let you go - and your daughters will be mines, too." - again, unspoken words, but clearly felt by both.

"You are one pushy bastard, you know?"

"Nah, I am just not mysterious enough - if I were, you could chalk it up to my infinite sageness."

Not for the first time, Keisha had to admit that it kind of made a point.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to point me out conceptual, orthographical, grammatical, syntactical or usage's errors, as well as anything else